Our in-house training programs were designed for both classroom instruction and hands-on experience. All courses are conducted by our own staff of experienced material handling professionals. Our training room is equipped with a number of product demonstration units, so you can actually program and troubleshoot working controls. You will also have the opportunity to tour our modern facility, complete with R&D hoist test tower.
DC Drives Technical Training Program
June 27 - 28, 2017
This comprehensive training program explores Magnetek’s OmniPulse DDC, OmniPulse DSD, and MagnePulse DMC Drives. Program content includes basic theory of operation, programming, troubleshooting, and hands-on practice with the DDC tower, DMC magnet control, and DSD hoist tower.
Registrants may attend one or both days of training.
OmniPulse DDC Drives & MagnePulse DMC Drives:
June 27, 2017
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
OmniPulse DSD Drives:
June 28, 2017
Sessions run from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Lunch will be provided during the first day of training. A minimum of 7 attendees must confirm registration for a particular session in order for that session to be held. Confirmed registrations must be received fourteen days before training is scheduled to begin.
OmniPulse DDC Drive Training
- Features and Benefits of OmniPulse DDC Drive
- The Basic Theory of Operation of OmniPulse DDC drive
- DDC Drive Hardware Components – basic drive modules, board layouts, circuit board jumper and switch settings
- Navigating the programming display menus
- Understanding basic parameter functions and how they affect motor / drive performance
- Trouble shooting analysis using drive fault messages and trouble flow charts
MagnePulse DMC Drive Training
- DMC Magnet Control Theory
- DMC Drive Models and Components
- The Quick Discharge Circuit
- Braking Unit Requirements
- Battery Back-Up System Options
- OmniBeam Option
- 250VDC / 120VAC Control Power Applications
- Navigating The Programming Display Menus
- Understanding Basic Parameter Functions With Effect On Magnet / DMC Drive Performance
- Troubleshooting Analysis – Fault Codes and Corrective Actions
- Fault Levels
OmniPulse DSD Drive Training
- Introduction to OmniPulse DSD drive
- Features and Benefits of OmniPulse DSD drive
- Basic Theory of Operation of DSD drive
- DSD drive hardware components
- Navigating DSD display menus
- Basic DSD parameter functions
- Recording DSD parameters with IMPULSE Link 4.1
All in-house training sessions are free of charge, however you are responsible for your travel and lodging expenses. Space is limited to 12 attendees per session, and reservations will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis. Magnetek reserves the right to cancel training if a minimum number of registrations is not met three weeks prior to the date of the session. Given this possibility, if you plan to fly, please do not book your flight too early.
To register for training, please call us at 1-800-288-8178 or click here to register for the desired class(es).
Once you are registered and receive confirmation for one or more of the training sessions:
- You are responsible for your own lodging fees. Our corporate rate of $85.00 per night, plus tax, is available at the local Hyatt Place Milwaukee West. You will be required to pay the $85.00 per night rate, plus tax, at check-in.
- Complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the hotel to our facility is available for each day of class. Please notify the hotel front desk at the time of check-in.
Magnetek requests a credit card number from each person registering for classes to HOLD their spot. If a trainee is unable to attend, they must notify Magnetek of cancellation by email or mail within 10 business days prior to the start of the class. Cancellations on or after this date will be charged $150.00 cancellation fee. No charges will be made to the trainee's credit card if they attend or cancel more than 10 business days prior to the start of class.
For more information about Magnetek's training classes, please contact Jon Walters at 1-800-288-8178.