These actuators are electro-hydraulic devices which combine all the basic elements of a hydraulic system into one integral unit, consisting of an electric motor driving a hydraulic pump, piping, working cylinder and piston.
The function of the actuator is to convert electrical energy into a mechanical force hydraulically, producing a smooth straight line thrust, throughout the piston stroke. They are mainly used to release spring-set brakes like the MBT, MST and SDT.
Three types of actuators are available:
Magnetek offers the Ed type of 60 Hz actuator in 208VAC, 230/460VAC and 575VAC three phase versions. Other voltages from 110VAC to 690VAC, 50 Hz versions, explosion proof and DC (220VDC) actuators are available with longer lead times.
- Fast response - 2000 cycles per hour
- Long service life with minimum maintenance
- Extending forces from 50 lbs. to 900 lbs.
- Strokes from 2 to 7.8 inches
- Can be stalled at any stroke position without damage.
- Operating ambient temperature -25°C to +50°C with standard fluid (other ranges available on request)
- Class F insulation
- Aluminum housings
- Internal compression spring
- Externally adjustable, stepless time delays - both directions (S) (H)
- Vacuum poured stator windings
- Special paint for corrosion protection or easier decontamination
- Internal heaters for below -30 Deg. C ambient (110V or 220V)
- Explosion proof models available in VDE EEx d II and EEx d I
- Cast iron housings for nuclear applications