Flex EX2 Series
The Flex EX2 series of wireless controls offer even more features and greater performance than our first generation Flex EX radios at the same great value. These durable, rugged, and feature-rich radios are ideal for use in material handling, overhead crane, and industrial applications. Flex EX2 transmitters are ergonomic and lightweight, and are available in 4, 6, 8, and 12 button style options to meet all your application needs.
Innovative and Efficient Performance
- Advanced microprocessor controls with 32 bit CRC and Hamming Code provide ultra-fast, safe, precise and error-free encoding and decoding
- Equipped with more than 200 programmable functions to suit all types of applications
- Drop detection capability identifies an accidental transmitter drop, ceasing all operation, preventing unintended equipment motion and enhancing system safety
Ergonomic and Reliable Design
- Rounded transmitter enclosures made from industrial-strength nylon and fiberglass composite materials combine comfort with durability
- Pushbuttons feature gold-plated contacts and are rated for more than one million press cycles. The defined snap-action steps provide positive tactile feedback even while wearing gloves
- Labels located next to buttons for easy visibility and durability
- IP66 rated, fully sealed transmitter and receiver enclosures provide you with confidence and protection in the harshest indoor or outdoor environments
- Two “AA” alkaline batteries provide more than 100 hours of operation
- Charging cradle available for easy recharge
- A wide variety of accessories is available to provide additional protection and flexibility, including protective rubber transmitter boots, padded nylon transmitter case, retractable belt clip, and horn kit
- Battery compartment with single thumbscrew provides easy access to batteries, dipswitches, and programming port
Secure and Dependable Communications
- Frequency agility feature automatically switches channels when interference is detected on a channel
- Built-in infrared allows for transmitter configuration with the IR Programmer, so transmitter unit doesn’t need to be opened up to configure
- Advanced synthesized RF controls with 124 channels add flexibility to frequency management in the field
- 62 channels are user-programmable
- Each Flex EX2 system has over one million unique identification codes (20 Bit) and never repeats
- Spare and replacement transmitters can be paired wirelessly from transmitter to transmitter or receiver to transmitter
- Flex EX2 transmitters are backwards compatible with first generation EX receivers
Flex EX2 radios are available with special operational functions to provide even more control options.
A/B Selector Switch (AB)
A three-position selector switch allows one operator to switch operation between two trolley/hoists (A, B, or Both) that are located on a single bridge. The operator can easily identify which trolley hoist is active on the crane by the position of the selector switch (Available on 8- and 12-button models).
Tandem Operation (T)
This system allows two operators to control two bridge cranes or trolley/hoists independently or simultaneously with the three position selector switch. One operator can maximize the capabilities and lifting power of two bridge cranes or both users can operate each bridge crane independently (Available on 8- and 12-button models).
Receiver Select Operation (RS)
The system allows one operator to select multiple receiver units at one time, so one operator can control up to 2 bridges and 4 trolley/hoists simultaneously or independently. This simplifies installation by eliminating control festooning between the bridge and trolley/hoists and freeing up the trolley/hoist to run from one bridge to the next. (Available on 8- and 12-button models).