Dynamic Braking Resistors & Units
Magnetek’s Dynamic Braking Resistors
Magnetek's Dynamic Braking Resistors are designed specifically for crane and hoist duty cycles. Working in concert with our Dynamic Braking Units, Magnetek's Dynamic Braking Resistors dissipate energy generated from motors controlled by IMPULSE® brand variable frequency drives. Our Drives can be referenced to your crane's CMAA duty cycle.
We offer our Standard Dynamic Braking Resistors or our new cULus certified Dynamic Braking Resistors. All our resistors are:
- Built with rigid galvanized steel or stainless steel enclosures
- Suitable for a variety of applications or may be customized to meet the needs of specific applications
Standard Dynamic Braking Resistor Option
- Available in smooth wound, wire wound or edge wound resistor coils
- Grid type resistors available for the most volatile applications
- Weatherproof louvered enclosure option
cULus Certified Dynamic Braking Resistors
- Designed to meet UL508A and CSA C22.2 No. 14 safety standards
- Available in: grid, wire wound or edge wound resistor coils
- Mounted in hooded, ventilated enclosures
Pair Magnetek’s cULus certified resistors with our cULus certified control panels to provide a complete motor control solution that meets industry safety standards.